Grande Champagne is the first Cru of the Cognac production area. It is the most renowned terroir, providing delicate and light Cognacs with a floral bouquet. A long ageing process is required to achieve maximum maturity.
Prunier achieves perfect maturity with this VSOP, which is aged in humid and cool cellars for five to six years. Small oak barrels from the French forests of Limousin, Allier and Tronçais are used. This product retains the fruitiness of young Cognacs while expressing complex aromas associated with the V.S.O.P. quality.
• At first, the aromas are delicate. Tea, fresh almonds and white flowers.
• With a closer inspection, the fragrance is soft, feminine and delicate.
• The palate is round and well balanced, giving way to delicate flavours, similar to that of the aromas and combined with a very fine tannin.
• The initial fragrance is bold and dramatic.
• Complex aromas of tobacco, tea and toffee.
• On the palate, there is a sense of fullness and strength with mellow flavours of dry fruits, almonds and hazelnuts.